The Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA), a renowned industry leadership group in California, today recognized six physician organizations connected to Sutter Health as leaders in medical care quality.
Nearly 200 physician groups, representing approximately 35,000 physicians who provide care for about 10 million patients, participate in the IHA statewide Pay for Performance (P4P) program. In addition to celebrating top performers, IHA honored physician organizations that demonstrated the most quality improvement from 2011 to 2012. Sutter Medical Network members honored include:
Sacramento/Central Valley Region
- Top Performer and Most Improved – Sutter Gould Medical Foundation, serving San Joaquin, Stanislaus and Merced counties
- Top Performer – Sutter Medical Foundation – Sutter Medical Group, serving Sacramento, El Dorado, Solano, Yuba, Placer and Nevada counties, affiliated with the Sutter Medical Foundation
San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area
- Top Performer – Palo Alto Medical Foundation – Mills-Peninsula Division / Mills-Peninsula Medical Group, serving San Mateo county
- Top Performer – Palo Alto Medical Foundation, serving Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Mateo and Alameda counties
- Top Performer – Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation, serving Alameda and Contra Costa counties
- Top Performer – Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation – Sutter Medical Group of the Redwoods, serving Sonoma and Lake counties
“We’ve been focused for several years on transforming how we deliver medical care; integrating doctors and hospitals and proactively managing the unique health needs of patients, not just when they need medical attention but before they get sick,” said Jeff Burnich, M.D. senior vice president and executive officer for the Sutter Medical Network. “IHA’s P4P awards help us evaluate and recognize our progress on this long-term goal.”
Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) announced that it will open three medical clinics in the Los Gatos area.
“Offering our health care services at these new sites in Los Gatos is a terrific occasion,” said Elizabeth Vilardo, M.D., PAMF’s regional president who will oversee medical operations in the South Bay. “At present, neither PAMF nor Sutter Health has affiliates in the Los Gatos or West San Jose area, so we look forward to caring for this community.”
Read more on newsroom.pamf.org.