Sutter Hospitals Earn Top Grades in Latest Patient Safety Scorecard
Posted on Oct 29, 2014 in Quality
Fourteen Sutter Health hospital campuses earned A grades for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group® in its Fall 2014 Hospital Safety Score℠.
“From our work to more proactively identify, treat and prevent sepsis and other healthcare associated infections, to reducing early elective delivery of infants no sooner than 39 weeks of pregnancy, we’re building and fortifying a culture centered on the quality and safety of care for our patients. It’s not just what we do; it’s who we are as our network of care,” said Gordon Hunt, M.D., MBA, senior vice president and chief medical officer for Sutter Health.
More than 2,500 hospitals nationwide participate in The Leapfrog Group Hospital Safety Score program. The national employer organization grades hospitals on their overall performance in keeping patients safe from preventable harm and medical errors. The grades are derived from expert analysis of publicly available data using 28 evidence-based, national measures of hospital safety. For more information, visit www.hospitalsafetyscore.org.
Sutter hospital campuses earning A grades include:
Greater San Francisco Bay area
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Alta Bates campus
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Summit campus
- California Pacific Medical Center, Pacific campus
- California Pacific Medical Center, California campus
- California Pacific Medical Center, Davies campus
- California Pacific Medical Center, St. Luke’s campus
- Eden Medical Center
- Novato Community Hospital
Greater Sacramento and Central Valley region
- Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital
- Sutter Davis Hospital
- Sutter General Hospital
- Sutter Memorial Hospital
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center
- Sutter Tracy Community Hospital
These scores are among many honors for the Sutter Health network in 2014. Earlier this year:
- The National Center for Healthcare Leadership identified Sutter Health as a top 10 “BOLD” healthcare organization using evidence-based leadership development practices to achieve excellence and improve the quality of healthcare in their communities.
- Seven physician organizations connected to Sutter Health received recognition for their excellence in medical care from the Integrated Healthcare Association, a renowned industry leadership group in California.
- Eight Sutter Health hospital campuses received “high performing” rankings for specialty care in the annual U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals survey.
- Six physician organizations in the Sutter Medical Network received “Elite” honors from the California Association of Physician Groups’ Standards of Excellence Survey—the highest recognition awarded by the professional organization.
If you liked this article, you may also like:
Sutter Health Hospital Campuses Earn 2016 Top Hospital Distinction Sutter Health receives $1.2 million grant by California Initiative to Advance Precision Medicine Sutter Health CEO Named to ‘100 Most Influential People in Healthcare’ List Sutter Health’s CPMC Physician Leader Honored with Humanitarian Award Sutter Health Hospitals Receive High Marks in Patient Safety